822 Race Street
Denver CO, 80206
$628.63 per sqft
Built in 1941
Courtesy of Compass - Denver, David Schlichter, Listing Contact: [email protected],720-440-2340
This is a once in a generation opportunity to own a spectacular residence full of character in the highly coveted Morgan's Historic District less than a block from Cheesman Park. The home has only had four owners since it was built, with the average period of ownership being more than 20 years--a testament to the love that each prior owner has had for it. Offering the perfect blend of old and new, the home features an updated kitchen with Viking appliances and quartz countertops, a beautiful formal dining room, an elegant living room with a gas fireplace and French doors to the rear patio, updated light fixtures, gleaming hardwood floors, large bedrooms (including a primary suite with a full bathroom and walk-in closet), a finished basement, a rear balcony overlooking the lush English garden style back yard, an attached garage (perfect on cold/rainy days), and so much more. The home is completely turn-key and functional as-is, but the sellers also have complete plans made by Chalet for an expansion that have been approved by the Landmark Preservation Commission for those seeking to add additional space. Morgan's Historic District is an unparalleled historic neighborhood made up of just 55 homes surrounded on three sides by Cheesman Park, the Denver Botanic Gardens, and Congress Park (with sports fields, tennis courts, new pool, and a new playground coming in 2024). The neighborhood is one of the most connected ones in the city without a formal HOA, has events throughout the year, and a community website/forum/email list for neighbors to easily engage with each other. The unbeatable location offers exceptional access to downtown and Cherry Creek (with its nearby shops, restaurants, and Whole Foods), while still being one of the quietest in the city due to the rare lack of through-traffic. This is the one you've been waiting for. Buyer to verify all information.
October 26, 2023
November 29, 2023
822 Race Street
Denver CO, 80206
Breakfast Nook, Built-in Features, Eat-in Kitchen, High Speed Internet, Primary Suite, Quartz Counters, Radon Mitigation System, Smoke Free, Utility Sink, Walk-In Closet(s)
Cooktop, Dishwasher, Disposal, Double Oven, Dryer, Gas Water Heater, Microwave, Refrigerator, Washer
Gas, Living Room
Forced Air, Natural Gas
Balcony, Garden, Lighting, Private Yard, Rain Gutters, Water Feature, Covered, Patio
Historical District, Landscaped, Level, Near Public Transit, Sprinklers In Front, Sprinklers In Rear
Other Property Details
Buyer Agency Compensation
1. This publication is designed to provide information regarding the subject matter covered. It is displayed with the understanding that the publisher and authors are not engaged in rendering real estate, legal, accounting, tax, or other professional services and that the publisher and authors are not offering such advice in this publication. If real estate, legal, or other expert assistance is required, the services of a competent, professional person should be sought.
2. The information contained in this publication is subject to change without notice. METROLIST, INC., DBA RECOLORADO MAKES NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND WITH REGARD TO THIS MATERIAL, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. METROLIST, INC., DBA RECOLORADO SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ERRORS CONTAINED HEREIN OR FOR ANY DAMAGES IN CONNECTION WITH THE FURNISHING, PERFORMANCE, OR USE OF THIS MATERIAL.
3. PUBLISHER’S NOTICE: All real estate advertised herein is subject to the Federal Fair Housing Act and the Colorado Fair Housing Act, which Acts make it illegal to make or publish any advertisement that indicates any preference, limitation, or discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin.
4. METROLIST, INC., DBA RECOLORADO will not knowingly accept any advertising for real estate that is in violation of the law. All persons are hereby informed that all dwellings advertised are available on an equal opportunity basis.
5. Equal Housing Opportunity - see logo above.
6. © 2020 METROLIST, INC., DBA RECOLORADO® – All Rights Reserved 6455 S. Yosemite St., Suite 500, Greenwood Village, CO 80111 USA 7. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WORLDWIDE. No part of this publication may be reproduced, adapted, translated, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the publisher. The information contained herein including but not limited to all text, photographs, digital images, virtual tours, may be seeded and monitored for protection and tracking.
©2023 REColorado. All rights reserved.
Data last updated 3:42 AM UTC, 11/29/2023